The Dental Implant Solution
A missing tooth or multiple missing teeth can considerably affect your daily life and well-being. Tooth loss makes it difficult to chew food or speak clearly, and you might also feel self-conscious when talking or smiling. The good news is that there are dental treatments that can restore your missing teeth. One tooth replacement method in particular has gained popularity because of its effectiveness and long lasting results.
Dental implants provide the second best alternative to natural teeth. They function and look like your other teeth — you won’t even notice the difference. They give you back your ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence, and there’s no need to worry about them slipping or coming out either.
The Best Tooth Loss Solution
What sets dental implants apart from other tooth replacement treatments is that each implant is surgically placed in your jawbone. This gives it a secure fit and natural look and feel. What’s more, the implant acts like a tooth root to stimulate the jawbone. This is important because when tooth loss occurs, that lack of stimulation will cause the jawbone to shrink, resulting in even more issues within your mouth. Teeth adjacent to the gap will begin to shift out of place, and facial contours will change, giving your face a sunken-in appearance.
The implants are made of titanium, and a crown is placed on top of the implant. The crown is the replacement tooth. The complete set is strong and durable and can last decades, even a lifetime, with proper care. Advantages of dental implants include:
- The permanent quality of implants means you don’t need to take them out when you sleep.
- They are hardly noticeable, and make smiling and talking a breeze.
- Dental implants are cared for just like your natural teeth — with brushing, flossing, and visiting your dentist for regular cleanings. No need for a special cleaning routine.
- With a high success rate, dental implants are a popular choice for patients who want to avoid having adjustments or new appliances every few years.
- They help stop the domino effect of dental problems that result from missing teeth. They keep your jawbone in good health, which also keeps the rest of your mouth in good working condition, as well.
If you are considering dental implants for your tooth loss condition, please call our office in Canandaigua, NY for more information or to schedule a consultation.