The information in this article was posted on May 22nd 2020,
and our office is now OPEN as of June 1st.
Practice Reopening Update
We hope this message finds you well. We are still on pause for re-opening. We are hoping to be included in phase 2, but do not have a definitive answer yet. With the weather warming up we hope you are all able to get out and enjoy it a little bit. We wanted to share some tips on maintaining a healthy immune system. Your first line of defense is to choose a healthy lifestyle. Following general good-health guidelines is the single best step you can take toward naturally keeping your immune system strong and healthy. Every part of your body, including your immune system, functions better when protected from environmental assaults and bolstered by healthy-living strategies such as these:
- Don’t Smoke
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
- Try to minimize stress.
- Wash and bandage all cuts.
- Do not pick at healing wounds or blemishes.
- Don’t share dishes, glasses, or eating utensils.
- Avoid direct contact with napkins, tissues, handkerchiefs, or similar items used by others.
Following these steps will help you stay healthy and protect your immune system. We will send out another update next week. If you have an emergency, Dr. Hallstead can be contacted at any time at (585)729-4533. Take care and stay safe.
Dr. Hallstead and Team